Oakhurst 3 Day Long Format Event
Clinic and Competition
Aug 17-20, 2017
*Information, Entry Forms and details will be posted here as they become available.
Training 3D, Pre-Training 3D, Entry 3D
and Team Challenge!
Opening Date: May 01, 2017 Closing Date: August 09, 2017
Secretary: Joan Allum, 8695 McLinton Road, RR4, Ashton, ON, K0A 1B0. Tel: (613) 913-2493 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Org: Ruth Allum & Mark Nelson, 8249 Fernbank Road, Ashton, ON, K0A 1B0 Email: email@example.com
1) ENTRIES: $450.00 All divisions (includes stabling). Email entries are accepted with VISA or MasterCard number. Etransfers are accepted and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Late fee: $25 after CD. REFUNDS: Before CD, in full. After CD, with medical or vet certificate, less $30 administration fee. Negative Coggins Test required within 12 months.
Please use a 2017 EC Horse Trials Entry Form. Cheque payable to Oakhurst Farm dated on or before CD.
2) TIME SCHEDULE: Aug 17th – 10am horses may arrive, 1pm Competitor Briefing, 3pm First Horse Inspection. Aug 18th – Dressage begins at 8:30am. Aug 19th – Endurance begins at 9am. Aug 20th – Final Horse Inspection will begin at 9am followed by Show Jumping and Awards. See website for a complete schedule of clinics and briefings as well as a list of clinicians www.oakhurstfarm.com.
3) OFFICIALS: CD: Mark A. Nelson; JUDGES & GJ: TBA
See website for list of clinicians and judges as they are made available. www.oakhurstfarm.com
4) STABLING: Temporary stalls on grounds, initial bedding provided. Horses may arrive Thursday August 17th after 10am. Stabling entrance is 8249 Fernbank Road
5) DRESSAGE: T – Training 2 (20×40); PT – Pre-Training 2 (20×40); E – Entry 2 (20×40). Sand footing.
6) CROSS COUNTRY: All speeds and distances for Phases A, B, C & D will be updated on the website: www.oakhurstfarm.com Ground is flat, with good galloping. Course is aerated.
7) AWARDS: A complete prize list will be available on the website closer to the date. Prizes and Ribbons for all divisions as well as many other prizes such as Best Dressed at Horse Inspection, Grooms Awards and so much more!
8) ACCOMMODATIONS: Lots of hotels available in Kanata close to Highway 417. Camping available on grounds (no hook-ups).
9) DIRECTIONS: Hwy 7: 10km East of Carleton Place, take Dwyer Hill Road South. 2km turn left on Fernbank Road. 1km to Event site along Fernbank Rd. 25 minutes West of Ottawa.
10) OTHER INFORMATION: Vet and Farrier on grounds or on call. Details about the Welcome Cocktail Party and Competitors Party will be available on the website and from the Secretary on arrival.
All Horse & Rider Combinations must have completed one Horse Trial at the level they are entering with zero jumping penalties on the Cross Country phase.
Please note: if you have not met the qualifying criteria but wish to participate as a rider please contact the Organizer to request the possibility of special permission.
Download the Event information here: Oakhurst3DEinfo2017